An Amrita-led team, Education and Digital Transformation working group, represented the Civil 20 engagement group at G20 4th Education Working Group (EdWG) meeting organized by the Ministry of Education, Government of India. The exhibition was held at Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) in Pune, Maharashtra.
The theme of the meeting was Foundational Learning, Digital Education, Research, and Future of Work. Smt. Annapurna Devi, Hon’ble Minister of State for Education, inaugurated the multimedia exhibition. The exhibition ran from 17 to 22 June 2023. As an exhibitor, innovative projects and best practices at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham showcased in Live-in-Labs and Online Labs (OLabs).
Our team presented our work to the Honorable Minister of Education, Govt of India, Shri. Dharmendra Pradhan; Prof. Anil Sahasrabudhe, Chairman, National Educational Technology Forum, Shri. K Sanjay Murthy, Secretary, Dept. of Higher Education, Ministry of Education; Shri. Sanjay Kumar, Secretary, Dept. of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Education; Dr. Nirmaljeet Singh Kalsi, Chairperson, National Council for Vocational Education and Training (NCVET); and Shri. Deepak Kesarkar, Ministry of Education and Ministry of Marathi Language, Maharashtra.
It was a privilege to present best practices and cutting-edge projects to international delegates from G20 countries representing various Ministries of Education and organizations. Some of the guests include:
- Mr. Nick Gibb, Minister of State for Schools, United Kingdom
- Mrs. Leela Devi Dookun-Luchoomun, Vice-Prime Minister, Minister of Education, Tertiary Education, Science & Technology, Mauritius
- Mr. Stefaan Hermans, EU Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs, Skills, and Labour Mobility
- Mr. Robert Jenkins, Global Director of Education & Adolescent Development, UNICEF
- Mr. Dmitry Afanasiev, Deputy Minister of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation
- Mr. Andreas Schleicher, Director for the Directorate of Education and Skills, OECD
- Prof. M. Megahed, Deputy Minister of Education for Technical Education Affairs, Egypt
Our stall attracted many students and educators genuinely interested in our projects, particularly OLabs. Their curiosity and enthusiasm were truly inspiring and uplifting. Our team was represented by Rathnam Chenthamarakshan, Bhanu Sood, and Sruthi Soman.