During the month of June 2023, UNESCO DELHI and AMRITA University held a multiple-event campaign aimed at raising awareness about Menstrual Health & Hygiene Management. The events were organized by the Civil20 Gender Equality and Integrated Holistic Health working groups.
The last of these events took place on June 27, at theCoimbatore Campus of Amrita University. It introduced five teaching-learning modules developed by UNESCO India with Procter and Gamble India – SpotLight Red, which address the various challenges associated with Menstrual Health and Menstrual Hygiene management, such as Disability, Gender, Educators, Young Adults and Nutrition.
The event showcased a comprehensive survey report, short films, and an empowering “Pride of Period Anthem” to break down barriers and eliminate stigma surrounding menstruation.
- Dr Huma Masood, Gender Specialist, UNESCO New Delhi Multisectoral Regional Office
- Ms Varsha Rawat, Brand Director, Whisper, P&G India
- Dr. Subhashini, Medical Officer, Thondamuthur, Coimbatore
- Dr. Sudha Ramalingam, HOD, PSG IMSR, Department of Community Medicine, Coimbatore
- Dr M Raveendran, MD, Dean, Govt Medical College & ESI hospital, Coimbatore
- Dr Rangasami P, Chairperson, Dept. of Social Work, Amrita University